I got this recipe from one of my favourite books about dogs Walking the dog in Italy. It is a great book about italians and there dogs and everyonce and a while they have a recipe from one of the owners.
- Chicken livers (cleaned of fatty veins)
- Garlic powder (garlic is not bad for dogs, in fact it actually helps fleas go away and protects your dog from infections. If given on a regular basis it can be quite bad for your dog)
- Wash livers in cold water and place them in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for 4 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Preheat oven to 120c. Cut liver into bite-sized pieces and arrange on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Place liver in the oven for 1 1/2-2 hours until they are dried out.
- Liberally dust liver pieces with garlic powder and store in a airtight container in the refrigerator. The treats will last several weeks.